Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dance pαrт 1

Beneath Hades' darkest lair,
Above the star unnamed but beloved,
I gleaned of the eve of man,
And wove a castle in the air.

There is a time to conjecture;
A time to collect surmise by surmise.
But in that little castle,
I could only sit thoughtlessly
As my obsolete world flew by. 

Silver-lined butterflies
 -a realm of thought afar-
 Brought consolation to the grate of fear.
They knew nothing of iniquity,
Nor the spell that vaporized my tears.

Though every tattered day,
Dimity of sunshine would appear.
The ghost of  halcyon befell their wings,
As they reigned paragons in the willowwacks.
And from that minute on,
I knew such apparitions could sing.

Their music was not written,
Nor heard or seen.
Rather an impulse amidst the soul,
Like the love that caresses thee.

Sometimes as I walk this earth,
I am welcomed by many a blight.
And thus I elude the silhouettes,
To the fortress in deceiving flight.

But the leaves of intricate nervure
-their backbones a somersault away -
Are a reminiscence to the immortals,
That danced a blustery breeze yesterday.

The gardens may be a delightful dream;
An imperial throne for one only.
Though I do not regret that the butterflies,
Had not mentioned where they were going.










No comments:

Post a Comment